the end of sonys unhackable system – due to a usb device working on all ps3s – homebrew that utilizes the whole memory is now available – which will be a major plus and makes the ps3 a even better device.
ELO Review: “First of all, thank ChipSpain the sample received for lending in order to make this review.
Because of work, tomorrow morning I will not be able to dedicate all the time that I would, but at least I will try to play the basics until you can complete the review.
The sample sent by the manufacturer only has a memory stick (PS Jailbreak) and a sheet with some clarifications about the product. The most remarkable and important to us is:
• The PS is compatible with any PlayStation 3 model existing today (either FAT or SLIM).
• We realziar backups in both the Internal HD as an external HD.
• Works with all PlayStation 3 games.
• Supports homebrew.
• Upgradeable to add new features.
But the most imporant because it contradicts something that indicates on its website, is that it is essential to use a firmware version 3.41 on the console, because the files have been optimized for that version. No mention at any point if this feature is unique to the samples sent, or will be common in the final products, so far remains to be clarified.
I personally have been unable to initialize the device with a previous firmware version, more specifically with the varsión 2.85, so I had to update the console to version 3.41.
• 3.41 firmware installed on the console (at least for the sample to be sent).
• Download Backup Manager for your site and copy it to any external USB storage device formatted with FAT32.
1. We always start from the console is off before connecting the USB PS Jailbreak. Depending on the console version you must:
PlayStation 3 *.- FAT. Just turn off the console from the rear switch.
PlayStation 3 *.- SLIM. It is essential to disconnect the power cord from the back of the console.
Connect to any USB port on the console, PS Jailbreak, taking care not to have anything else connected by USB.
2. Press the POWER button on the console and then pressed the EJECT button. We’ll see how the two LEDs on the PS Jailbreak ignite while charging the console (10 seconds), then several things can happen.
That the Green LED is lit. This means that the PS Jailbreak is working properly.
That red LED is lit. This means that the PS has not loaded correctly Jailbreak. Usually this happens when not properly pressed Power sequence and then Eject.
If the end result is the bright red LED, we repeat the process from the beginning with the precaution of disconnecting the power cord from the back of the PlayStation 3 Slim or cut the current from the switch at the back of the PlayStation 3 Fat.
3. Once PS Jailbreak the device is loaded correctly, connect the USB external storage device with the Backup Manager to the console.
4. We went to the GAME menu and we move to the option “Install Package Files”, to then select Backup Manager.
5. Once finished, if we move at the end of the Games menu will appear Backup Application Manager. Select it and run.
6. Once implemented, we must introduce the reader to the console the game we want to backup. If we make a backup on the external USB device, press the button O. You can select the destination of backup, and you can select from the USB external storage device or even the HD of the console.
7. To load previously created backup culaquier simply insert a game console (you can use the same game) and from the Backup Manager menu select the desired backup and press the X button. You can also delete backup by pressing Triangle.
The reason to have a game inserted in the drive of the console is simply to emulate the loading process.
8. After selecting the backup you want, then press the X button, automatically return to main menu of the console, more concerted Backup Manager option, and finally loading the game, just move once up to see how the desired game appears to us there. The selected and ready, we can play our backup!
I have no time now to test the online mode, or deepen what I like, so that as soon as possible I will realize the tests.
Anyway, we must bear in mind that once installed on the PS console Jailbreak, and can not be removed.
PS JailBreak Easy Start-Up Instructions:
1. Visit http://www.psjailbreak.com/downloads – download Backup Manager and copy onto any standard FAT32 formatted USB flash drive
2. Power off your console (For Fat model you can flick power switch in the back. For slim you must unplug power cable and re-plug out of back of console).
3. Insert PS Jailbreak into your consoles USB port (you should have nothing else plugged in)
4. Press power button on console, release power button and then immediately press the eject button (You will then see two lights while the console loads. If the light turns green then that means PS Jailbreak is working,if it turns red then that means you did not press power/eject in a quick enough sequence. If you see red light please un-plug your console from the wall and begin step 4 over again).
5. Insert USB key with backup manager downloaded on it.
6. On main system menu go to “Game”, then “Install Package Files”, and click to install Backup Manager.
7. Scroll down game menu and you will see Backup Manager application, please click on it
8. Insert your licensed game that you would like to backup into the drive, if you wish to backup to an external hard drive please insert it now. Click O button to backup game. You will be asked if you would like to backup to external hard drive (by clicking no it will ask you to backup to internal hard drive).
9. To load a backup game please insert any game into the drive (You can have any real PS3 game in the drive, but you must leave 1 game in the drive to access your 100’s of backups. This ensures reliability in the game loading process). Now choose the game you would like to load with Backup Manager highlighted. Scroll up 1 and you will see the chosen game that you have loaded from Backup Manager.
Click on it, an enjoy your games!